Html Restructure Update20 Mar 2018
On Friday, March 16th, the HTMLcoin team met for over 2 hours to finalize the reorganization of the foundation. Here are the key elements that came out of this meeting:
1. The 5 committees have been validated as followed:
- Marketing and Design
- Business Development and Innovation
- Research and Development
- Community and Technology Support
- Budget and Appropriation
2. A new governance model has been established:
- Each Committee will be led by one member (EVP) who will represent the interest of their Committee.
- Each decision such as a fork, new projects, and communication campaigns will need majority vote to be accepted (at least 3 out of 5).
- A formal governance plan has been drafted and is being finalized to capture these changes to the organization.
3. New executive hires and volunteer members of the HTML Foundation core team will be announced on the website soon.